Environmental Case Studies
Trellex Poly-Clean (S)
- Our customer was experiencing severe issues with blinding of wet/fine material. At the time, the customer was using standard square opening wire cloth to separate 1/8”x 0” material at approximately 126 tons per hour.
- We converted the customer to Trellex Poly-Cleans (S) on the bottom deck of a 7’x 20’ screen. We selected Poly-Cleans because of the live action of individual wires and flexibility of the urethane bucker strips as compared with competitor products. The urethane strips also serve as an indicator of wear and necessary replacement. We also recommended and used stainless steel to further reduce blinding.
- The switch eliminated blinding issues and increased media wear life.
- Our customer wanted to increase the wear life beyond that of their current rubber media and reduce labor/downtime resulting from the replacement of side tension panels. The feed material size is 8”-minus.
- We installed Trellex LS300 Modular System (Rubber) on the top deck of a 5’x16’scalping screen. We selected the LS300 for its ease of installation of 1’ x 2’ panels versus side tension.
- The panels can be replaced by just one person, with a reduced change-out time. It also increased the thickness of panels and open area, extending the wear life of the media and requiring less frequent replacement.
Mellthane 52B Coating
- Our customer was experiencing excessive wear of steel bucket interiors, along with approximately 20% load loss as the result of carryback. The material being hauled is 3/8”-minus sand product containing moisture and clay.
- We selected Mellthane 52B coating for its smooth texture and wear characteristics. We applied the coating at 1/2” thickness to all interior services of the CAT 992 bucket to prevent excess wear from sliding abrasion and material carryback resulting from sticking.
- Carryback has been drastically reduced, and after over one year of operation, the wear on the Mellthane 52B coated surfaces is approximately 3/16” or less.
Contact us or call 800.634.5634 for more information.